Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Seeds Awaken


Last year was a dark time for the galaxy. All of the Jedi Gardeners either went into hiding or starved for lack of organic tomatoes.

I had decided to grow everything from seed and while things started out well it became clear that I had chosen poorly.

As the picture to the left indicates, the seeds sprouted but really didn't produce fruit.  Below is a picture of a fruitless squash. It was very strange. Then all of my tomatoes fell down and I had a network of strings holding them up. What a mess. Unfortunately I was so disgusted, I didn't take any pictures.



I also used a soil called mushroom compost. This had the unusual side effect of growing many tiny mushrooms in the garden. Mushroom compost is essentially the soil disposed of from mushroom farms after it has been used to grow mushrooms. While this sounds like it would be terrific I think that all of the metaclorians have been sucked out of the soil by the mushrooms, making it a bad choice for Jedi Gardeners.

But this is a new year and with the spring comes the hope that a new wonderful garden will grow.

This year Mrs. Jedi Gardener and I have a friendly competition to see who can grow the best garden. I am growing all of my plants from seed because it went so well last year and she will buy mature plants from the garden store and grow them. This will be a fun to document on the blog.


I also have a totally new seeding method that I learned from my coworker, Kylo Ren, which I will cover in a later post. So stay tuned for an exciting year from a garden far far away.


1 comment:

BeeBuzz said...

This was funny Jedi Gardener! Be warned that the force is strong with Mrs. Jedi Gardener and her pot method will surely rule the galaxy.